What is Step2Move?
Step2Move is a community falls prevention programme to reduce falls amongst people over 50. Step2Move is a free 8 week programme that focuses on strength, balance and a healthier you.
The Step2Move programme includes practical, educational and fun sessions which cover:
- Appropriate exercises to improve strength and balance.
- Exercise opportunities available within the Gisborne community.
- Ways to reduce your risk of falling.
- Tips to care for your feet.
- Tips to make your home safer.
- How to create a plan of action in case you do fall.
- What to look for when buying sensible footwear workshop.
- Healthy recipes and tasty cooking demonstrations.
- Helpful services within our community and how they can help you.
During Step2Move, the team will also monitor any health conditions and medications participants are taking. To identify anything which could increase the risk of a fall.
Who should take part in Step2Move?
Step2Move is designed for people aged 50 and over, who have had a fall in the last 6-12 months.
How to join Step2Move
If you would like to sign up for the next Step2Move programme, you can register your interest by completing the below form.
Alternatively you can contact Toni Hoskin.