We hope you’re all enjoying the challenge so far!
We’ve been overwhelmed by the huge totals, the inspiring stories and most importantly, the swarms of you getting out there on the maunga.
We’ve now made it to space 7 times, and there are 1,370 of you joining in the fun.
Keep sharing your stories and photos with us, and keep up the good work.
TOP 10 INDIVIDUALS:
- kel t (Whanaufit) – 126 Climbs
- Coppo (Graham and Dobson) – 103 Climbs
- miri (Whanaufit) – 101 Climbs
- Bobbie (Maringi) (Huringa Pai Whanau) – 79 Climbs
- Marie (No team) – 77 Climbs
- Melanie (No team) – 72 Climbs
- Peter (GG The Meat Cutters Club) – 68 Climbs
- Dave (No team) – 68 Climbs
- Kat (Hullkfit)- 68 Climbs
- Allan (No team) – 68 Climb
TOP 10 TEAMS:
- Huringa Pai Whanau (members:39) Climbs – 801
- whanaufit (members:24) Climbs – 787
- HULLKFIT (members:24) Climbs – 516
- Turanga Health Kaimahi (members:45) Climbs – 361
- GG Grocery Army (members:26) Climbs – 345
- Cheetahs (members:16) Climbs – 267
- Ngatis (members:15) Climbs – 239
- Graham & Dobson (members:14) Climbs – 221
- GG Nan’s Ninjas (members:29) Climbs – 208
- Kimihia Te Kupu Kohanga Reo (members:28) Climbs – 186
WOW there are over 1200 registered people for the Titirangi Mt Everest challenge this year!
What an awesome turnout from the community. We’re sure everyone is super excited to take part in the challenge, but as a reminder, please be aware of others on the maunga; please keep your dog on a lead, and be aware of others and share the road.
- Keep one ear clear if you’re wearing headphones
- Walk on the right hand side of the road, so you can see oncoming traffic. Or on a grass verge where you can.
- Make use of walking tracks, or the steps as an alternative
Keep up the good work.
Titirangi Mt. Everest Challenge update! There are now over 1,000 of you registered for the challenge, and you’ve recorded over 1,000 climbs in two days (wow!).
Our climbing champs at the moment are Melanie and Ritchie, who have each completed 23 climbs. That’s higher than Mt. Ruapehu! The team to beat is still Huringa PaiWhanau, closely followed by HULLKFIT.
Because of the swarms of you trying to get onto the website over the last two days, it had a little meltdown and shut some of you out. Sorry! Our website elves have worked their magic and this shouldn’t happen again.
We’re also excited to announce that thanks to Gisborne Net, there’s now a FREE WiFi hotspot at the top of Titirangi, for logging your climbs right there, as you complete them.
Finally, a little housekeeping, when you register for the challenge, you’re creating a profile for one person (yourself), and you can then join a team. Each person needs to have a profile. One profile can’t be used for a whole group of people, because it throws out the numbers on the individuals leaderboard. If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com and I’ll help you to fix it!
Be safe on the maunga, have fun and happy climbing!
To all the enthusiastic Mt Everest Challengers taking on Titirangi this year, please take care on the maunga.
Due to continuous bad weather we’ve had to close the bowl track between Cooks plaza and the summit. Parts of the track are at risk of slipping and it’s currently too boggy for contractors to make it safe.
To drivers on Titirangi, please take extra care and share the road, because there’ll be lots of pedestrians walking up the maunga.
Dust off your walking shoes! The challenge kicks off this coming Monday, and runs until the 29th of October.
Until then, you can register, create a team and enlist friends and whanau to join you.