- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 90g butter cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste or relish
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 150g ham, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C.
- Sift flour into large bowl. Use fingertips to rub butter into flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and mix until mixture begins to hold together.
- Turn on to lightly floured surface, knead gently 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Roll out to 20 x 40cm rectangle and spread with tomato sauce, then sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Roll up along long edge. Cut the log into 12 slices. Place on tray and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Great to freeze too.