Heres and easy-peasy recipe you can fill your easy-peasy flat breads with. This recipe is packed full of vegetables, and the beans make it filling and high in fibre. If you’re not quite ready to try a full vegetarian meal, start by adding half the amount of mince you usually would and bulk it out with a tin of beans.
2 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
1 x onion diced
Mexican spice mix*
1 x tin of tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
1-2 x tins of beans (any kind you have e.g. kidney beans, chickpeas, blackbeans, 4 bean mix, even baked beans will work)
Any salad ingredients (e.g. lettuce, purple cabbage, capsicum, carrot, cucumber, avocado, spinach- aim for lots of colours!)
Flatbreads, wraps, or cooked rice
Plain yoghurt / lite sour cream
- Fry garlic, onion, and mexican spice mix in a little oil for 2-5 minutes until onions are soft. If you are adding mince cook the mince at this step.
- Add capsicum, tinned tomatoes, and bean mix and simmer on a low heat for ~10minutes
- While the mix is cooking chop salad ingredients.
- Build your flatbread, wrap, or mexican bowl by adding everything together.
- Top with plain yoghurt or lite sour cream
* if you don’t have a premade sachet then mix any of these spices you have in the house: 1tsp cumin, 1tsp oregano, 1tsp paprika.